1. General Situation
Tboung Khmum is a newly created province separated from Kampong Cham and officially announced the province’s administrative administration on May 9, 2017 under the presidency of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia. Tboung Khmum province has interconnected infrastructure, security, order and potential in all areas, especially economics, trade, agriculture, agriculture, industry, making the province prosperous and development as well as enhancing the economic growth of the province and its people. Tboung Khmum province, located in the east of Cambodia, is 155km from Phnom Penh along National Road 7, with a total land area of 5 250.51 square kilometers, and the western border of Kampong Cham, south of Prey Veng province, East of Kratie and East of Vietnam. There are 143 km of border along with two provinces of Vietnam: Tay Ninh and Binh Phuoc. Tboung Khmum province is divided into six districts and one municipality which consists of 62 communes and two Sangkat; 873 villages totaling. The population is 857,900 people.
2. Economic sector
- Economic growth in 2018 totaled about $ 970 million in trade, $ 300 million in goods and $ Per capita in GDP.
- Vision Cambodia will be a middle-income country by 2030 and high in 2050.
- Paddy rice production in 2018: 311,395 tons of paddy rice and 82,490 tons of paddy.
- Approximately 80,000 ha (about 32,000 ha), about 48,000 hectares (48,000 ha), and rubber (keros).
- About 8,807 ha of cashew crops yielded 14,532 tonnes
- About 2 651 ha of pepper yielded 14,050 tons
- About 54,000 ha of cassava are equal to 1,225 240 tons.
- About 1,733 ha of cashew nuts yielded 112,645 tons and many other crops.
- Tbong Khmum province has seven gates, one international border (Tropaing Pong), two border crossings (Dara and Cham river), and four border gates (like Rath Chanchan and Tonle Sap).
- There are 104 companies, including rubber plantations, resin and rubber processing companies, sugarcane plantations, cassava planters, construction companies (millers), pepper exporters, cassava flour companies, peanuts, resin makers, mango processing companies and glass companies. Cashews, etc.
- 14 large mills
- 95 medium-sized enterprises
- 435 handicrafts
- Currently, Tbong Khmum province has about 93% of the electricity grid. Under the government’s policy, by 2020, electricity will be provided to all villages in the province. Electricity costs 10KWh over 480 KHR / KWh from 11 to 50KWh at 610 KHR / KWh and from 51KWh up to 790 KHR / KWh
Tbong Khmum province has two main roads: National Roads 7 and 8 that connect the provincial town to the city, district, commune and village in which the rubber road stretches 672.1 km long concrete road. 44.5 km The Kratie Road is approximately 2 422.7 km with two bridges across the Mekong River: the Cambodia-Japan Friendship Bridge and the Mekong River Bridge. Wedge Road 71C Connection Road 7.